Are you ready for a unique adventure that combines the freedom of a road trip with the beauty of an island paradise? Look no further than Lefkada, a stunning Greek island in the Ionian Sea. With its crystal clear waters, dramatic cliffs, and charming villages, Lefkada is the perfect destination for vanlifers looking to explore a new destination at their own pace at any time of the year. And what better way to do that than with a camper? In this article, we will explore the joys of road-tripping with a camper on Lefkada and how you can make the most of your island adventure. So buckle up and let's hit the road!
Exploring the Land of Gods and Myths with StayFree
StayFree app provides information on wild camping spots in Greece, campsites, and beautiful beaches, so you can easily find the best places to park your camper and explore the area.
StayFree's travel tracker allows you to easily track your footsteps and keep a record of all your travels, making it a great travel diary. Don't have the app yet?
Let's explore together the trip of @Vanduckmb (Visit their Instagram profile), a full-time vanlife couple, on the beautiful island of Lefkada. Add all spots to your wishlist and explore them all on your next camper adventure in Greece.
With a camper on Lefkada: 11 days & 8 amazing camping spots.
1. Tsoukulades beach: https://stayfreeapp.page.link/is2R . Discover a tranquil and beautiful camping spot by the beach, perfect for a peaceful getaway. Good 4G connection, allowing you to stay connected while enjoying the stunning views of the turquoise waters of the sandy beach.
2. Kathisma beach: https://stayfreeapp.page.link/jXGC . A perfect vanlife spot at the beach to visit in the low season. Enjoy the romantic scenery with view on the sea and the long walks.
3. Gaidaros: https://stayfreeapp.page.link/zxJV . A magical spot to park in the low season, great tip for everyone spending the winter months with a camper in Greece. . And, for those with a 4x4 vehicle, there are some thrilling spots to explore. Don't miss out on the fun and soak up the warm sun! Open the link to learn more.
4. Gialos Beach: https://stayfreeapp.page.link/VCeG .A unique spot, just the sea, a wide beach and a few other campers. The sunset is a big highlight every day - it makes you want to come back to this place. Be prepared, there is no service, and you need to drive 30min to the next water point. It's a truly remote place to camp :)
5. Porto Katsiki: https://stayfreeapp.page.link/m65o . Parking place close to the most famous beach in Lefkada - Porto Katsiki. In winter you can park here for free. The beautiful beach is popular among campers so you can have a chance to meet with the vanlife community and enjoy the cozy evenings with the fireplace. A real must-see spot in Lefkada.
6. Cape Lefkadas: https://stayfreeapp.page.link/Wf6n . A windy spot at the cap of Lefkada. Beautiful place to park for a night and for a scenic daytime hike.
7. Kamari beach: https://stayfreeapp.page.link/bczi . A little beach away from everything. Crystal clear water, complete calmness, and some friendly locals from time to time. The road is a bit bumpy with loose stones and can be muddy if it rains.
8. Waterfall spot: https://stayfreeapp.page.link/Lk3R . Parking at the beginning of the hiking route to Nydri waterfalls. Staying here in the low season is just fine, the spot is peaceful and beautiful.
Enjoy the whole trip in the StayFree app, visit the places added by @Vanduckmb or modify it, add new spots that you visited on the way, and experience it in your own way.
With the camper through Greece - What you need to know.
Travel options: You have the option to travel to Greece by road with a motorhome, or you can take a ferry from Italy or Albania. If you select the road option, keep in mind that you'll need to travel through Serbia and Macedonia, both of which are not part of the EU. Depending on the season, there could be waiting times at the borders.
Campsites: There are many campsites available in Greece, but it's a good idea to plan your route and make reservations ahead of time, especially during peak season. In the low season, most of them are closed, so plan the service accordingly.
Gas stations: Make sure to fill up your gas tank regularly, as some areas may have limited gas stations.
Road conditions: Be aware that some roads in Greece may be narrow, winding, and steep, so make sure your camper is suitable for these conditions.